Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Happy December

Wow, I suck at this blogging thing - no posts since July. The Love Dare thing went really well, and I feel much closer to both my husband and also my children.

Am kind of feeling grinchy this Christmas though. 2nd year away from my family and I miss them terribly. Skipp is getting to stay home with the kids this year, and I have to work, so I just have not gotten into anything. I don't even have a tree up yet.

I did go over to my friend's house last weekend and make Christmas Candy,
that was a lot of fun, but since I can't really eat any of it, well, you know.

I have made it my goal to look up a happy Christmas song every day for the rest of the month, hopefully that will help me to get into the spirit. Let's see how it goes.

Day 1
Randolph the bow-legged cowboy...oh wait...

Rudolf, the red-nosed reindeer
had a very shiny nose.
And if you ever saw him,
you would even say it glows.

All of the other reindeer
used to laugh and call him names.
They never let poor Rudolf
play in any reindeer games.

Then one foggy Christmas eve
Santa came to say:
"Rudolf with your nose so bright,
won't you guide my sleigh tonight?"

Then all the reindeer loved him
as they shouted out with glee:
"Rudolf the red-nosed reindeer,
you'll go down in history!"

Plan - make Rudolph cookies with the girls tonight when I get home.

No comments:

Post a Comment