Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Feeling kind of productive

So today I decided to try to make my own bread crumbs. I know, it sounds kind of silly, but I usually buy bread crumbs at the grocery store, and they cost almost $5. So I took the ends of the bread, the ones no one eats. I had about 8 of them in a bag, I was saving them because I knew I would think of something to do with them.

So then I buttered the bread and sprinkled them with garlic powder and parmesan cheese. I probably could have used real garlic, but I wanted to be able to store them, so I used powder.

Then I broiled that side until it was well toasted, turned off the broiler and turned the toast over, then left it in the oven while I went about my business.

After lunch, I broke the pieces up small enough to fit into my salad shooter, then I "shootered" them into a bowl. I ended up getting about 3 cups worth of bread crumbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment