Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

March 18, 2009

So today I went to work, I do in home care for the elderly. Anyway, he didn't need any housekeeping, or anything like that so we spent an hour and a half playing checkers. I feel creepy getting payed to play games.

A lady from church and I have come up with a fun swap. I am giving her daughter lessons in playing the clarinet, of which I am pretty good at, I played in school from 6-2 grade, plus in 11-12 I was in the All-State honors band. Then I played for 3 years in college, concert band and marching band. Plus I played in the Gem County community band for 2 years. So 11 years of experience. Anyway, she is teaching ME how to quilt. So last thursday she showed me this wonderful thing called a rotary cutter. I need one, it is on my wish list for my birthday now. I have cut out a whole bunch of squares. Tomorrow she will show me how to sew them together. It would be nice if I had my sewing machine, but I will just have to go use hers until I get mine back from Idaho. Hopefully this summer.

What else, oh yeah. The same friend from church went to a stampin up party with me on Sunday. The people get together every month at a different person's house and whoever is hosting gets the hostess benefits, maybe I can get that paper cutter I have been wanting. The only problem is that they do it on Sunday, but it is so much fun that we both decided to put our names on the list. We are meeting at my house next month. The third sunday in April. I am not sure of the date. sigh, I know I wrote it down somewhere.

Well, hopefully this recap catches me up for the week. Next time I won't wait 11 days to post.

No comments:

Post a Comment