Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Trying to rearrange the schedule

Well, most of you know that Skipp was laid off a few weeks ago, and, once again, just as the savings were running out, he got another job. I am pretty sure that it happens that way because he is so sure he can find a job that he doesn't ask Heavenly Father for assistance until I tell him that we can live for about one more week on what we have left in the bank, and then he panics and prays, and then something comes along.

So anyway, Skipp started on Monday. I am trying to work out a schedule that gets Skipp off to work every morning, lets Aaron get his homeschooling done in the morning, so I can work from 1-3, (yes, I have a part time job, but I only work 2 hours at a time, so my almost 12 year old watches his sisters while I am gone (with strict rules) and gets paid for his efforts.) and then come home and make dinner so it is ready when Skipp gets home at 5:30, eat, bathe the kids, get teeth brushed and kids in bed by 8 so Skipp and I can have a couple of hours together before bed...breathe...and somewhere in there I still have to do dishes, laundry, vacuuming, etc.

The kids don't like changes to their routine, especially my boy with ADHD, so this week has been a challenge. I know that eventually it will all work itself into a routine, but I may have to pull all of my hair out first.

In the meantime, I am kind of letting the kids slide in the chore and schoolwork department.


Oh, by the way, Chianna's face is almost completely healed of her scabs, and I don't think it will even scar. YAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment